NOTE: Click ARTWORK to your left in order to view paintings, drawings & etchings.
This Stuckist/Artist's Creed: (Missouri River Valley Stuckists)
1. The fundamental elements of art are perennial.
2. Precedence, fame, style and influence are irrelevant to aesthetics.
3. Gender, sexuality, race, ethnicity, origin, spirituality, temperament et al, are incidental to the merits of the work itself.
4. The concepts, idea, explanation, rational, novelty and/or intent are subservient to the potency of the work.
5. The artists' hand is vital.
6. Work that intentionally harms, encourages the harm, or celebrates the harm of a sentient being is not Fine Art.
7. Place, time, experience and inward emotional texture transmuted through a rich interior life are the heart of the Arts.
8. Media, technology, technique and process are means, not the end.
9. Politics are transient... Art remains.
10. Integrity, humility, curiosity, and consistent, honest effort are the artists' best route to acquiring the necessary knowledge, understanding and craft.
11. The Arts' ancient resonance speaks from our most inward, unique, yet universal living language (the mamalian prime language) whose foundations we each build upon from our earliest and inmost experience.
12. Aesthetic beauty lies in the skillful construction of harmonic balance... wherein is allowed to creep the craven trespass of ecstatic passion. In a masterpiece this tincture is then held in an ever so tenuous, sacred pause... which we can never forget.
All rights reserved.
University of Missouri, Columbia MFA 1985
Columbia College, Columbia MO BFA 1981
Majors: Painting, Drawing & Printmaking
Minor: Art History
St. Pius X High School, Festus MO 1976
Our Lady's Elementary, Festus MO 1972